Monday, March 23, 2009

Prayers

There have been quite a few occasions now when I'll be watching Cara, and notice that she'll fold her arms and close her eyes, on her own accord and say she's praying.. but I think today was the first day that I heard her say something. I just thought it was so cute. I've only tried maybe twice to get her to say a prayer by repeating what I say, and it's never seemed to work. I wonder whether they do it with her in Nursery.. anyways.. this was with no prompting whatsoever.

She was sat at the table eating her breakfast, we'd already said our breakfast prayers and she was halfway through her cereal. I think I went back into the kitchen to make a bottle for Felicity. When I went back into the dining room I saw Cara praying.. I was planning on sneaking up on her and kissing her cheek while her eyes were closed. (I know - looking back on it now I realise that would not have taught her reverence during prayers.. actually the opposite). Anyways.. I didn't quite get to her when I heard her say.. 'Thank you for nursery, and thank you for snacks and thank you for water.' How cute! I love my little girl.

No comments: