Sunday, March 08, 2009

Matilda

Cara and I watched Matilda yesterday.  we watched it in a 4 or 5 different stints throughout the day, and Cara really enjoyed it!  So much so, that even after finishing the film we later went downstairs and I asked Cara if she wanted to watch CBeebies while I fed Felicity.  She kept saying something, but I couldn't figure it out, sounded like 'told her', the I thought maybe she was saying 'hold her', that she wanted to hold Felicity, but then I figured it out, she was saying 'Matilda'.  How cute!  I'm excited about the fact that we can watch something together that isn't CBeebies.  Matilda is such a great story - I've even started reading the book, as I haven't read it since I was little.  I love Roald Dahl.

We might watch Witches next.. but Cara may get a little scared.. although she didn't do too badly with Miss Truchball so we shall see.

4 comments:

Solviej said...

You should watch the BFG. It's a classic:)

Helen said...

Oh yes! That is sooo great.. I must have watched that a zillion times - thanks for reminding me Solviej!

ADCottrellski said...

Jenna has recently seen the extra bits from the incredables.
She loves the sheep in Bound'n', but cried when Cara the babysitter uses the fire extinguisher in Jack-Jack Attacks

Helen said...

Cara the babysitter? I'll have to watch out for that.

I tried to get Cara to watch Charlotte's Web with me.. but she wasn't having any of it. She just wanted Matilda. We've watched it so many times..