Sunday, November 23, 2008

First Snow

We woke up this morning to snow. Cara's first look at real snow. She loves Snowmen, and always wants to sing the Snowman song. When she woke up we brought her straight in to our bed, so she could look out the window with us at the white outdoors.

We got ready as quickly as we could, wearing LOTS of layers and then went to get Uncle Ben to join in the fun. We were going to the White Horse, as Daddy said there would be lots of snow there to make a Snowman. Our little car couldn't quite manage the steep snowy hill though, so we settled for a little pathway at the bottom of the hills.

Cara seemed to love walking in the fresh snow in her wellies, and kept wandering off. She ran off down this hill leading to a farm, so Daddy had to chase after her and bring her back. There was lots of giggles.

We did make a mini snowman, and then Cara was definitely ready to go home, cold and tired. Lucky we did go though, as we still were a little late for afternoon church. What a fun day!

Hopefully, we'll have more snow - maybe some for Christmas.

2 comments:

Solviej said...

Thanks for letting me know about Cara's blog. It's funny that we picked the same background. I love the pictures in the snow. I guess life up north is fun for you and I'm so glad. By the way, Micah says water with an English accent. Hopefully we will get to see you when we are over in February and you can tell me if you think my kids sound English.

Helen said...

I was thinking the same actually, when I saw your background. However, I have to confess that it was because one of your friends on Facebook mentioned about these backgrounds that I have used them. I used to have the boring blogger ones.

Would love to see you in February, that would be ace!